Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another haul up Mt. Ascutney......

Last year I hiked Mt. Ascutney with my good friend Judy.  The details are fuzzy now but I think it took us six hours to hike the 2060 feet, 2.9 miles up, 2.9  miles down.  2/3 of the way down I experienced extreme muscle fatigue, of the clinical sense, my quadriceps would NOT contract.  It took me a good week of wincing and limping and awful soreness to recover.

Far be it from me to turn down a challenge.  I'm 35 pounds lighter this year, I'll pack smarter, and I will do it.

Right?

Marie

2 comments:

  1. Marie, congratulations on making the decision to go for it! You'll do great, with that THIRTY FIVE POUNDS gone!!!! That's a lot less stress on your body. I can't wait to hear how it goes!
    arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do it, you'll be great and you'll have tons of fun! :-D Good luck.

    ReplyDelete